1.) Can these rope lights be used on household 120VAC systems?
- Yes! The 120 Volt rope light can operate on 120 volt systems only, making it perfect for household use. The 12 & 24 volt DC options can only be used in the house if used with a Power Converter which converts 120VAC to 12/24 VDC.
2.) Are all of these rope lights dimmable?
- The 120VAC Model is NOT ABLE to be dimmed.
- The 12 & 24 Volt DC Rope Lights are dimmable with use of an appropriate dimmer module. Listed below are two dimmers that work with 12 and 24 volt DC rope light systems!
3.) Can 12 & 24 DC Rope Lights be used with AC power sources?
- Only with the use of the appropriate Power Cord with built in Rectifier listed below.
4.) Am I able to cut my Rope Light?
- 120VAC Rope Light can be cut every 36 inches for any color.
- 12 Volt DC Rope Light: Warm White, Cool White, Blue and Green can be cut every 3 inches. Red 12VDC Rope Light can be cut every 4 inches.
- 24 Volt DC Rope Light: Warm White, Cool White, Blue and Green can be cut every 6 inches. Red 24VDC Rope Light can be cut every 8 inches.